Tuesday, November 14, 2017

SHAWZAE ON PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE

I am so excited to share this blog with you,  because products knowledge is important to all of us.  There are all kinds of product out there to use,  but how do we determine what will work for some clients and not for others.   Products are the key to success,  it takes the work out of your services so that you can obtain what you want,  without the labor.   There are a few ways that you can determine what products  works for you salon.  You may have heard the old saying,  you can't use the same perm on everyone head,  which is true.   Products are determine by the service you offer,  so if you have the same similar clients,  with the same hair texture, and similar hair issues,  then you probably would not have to purchase too many different products.    However, if you have a mixture of clients then you will have to purchase a lot of different products,  to meet your clients needs.   The way I purchase products is based on products that meets most natural hair textures.    A stylist should know how to care for all hair textures.   When purchasing products,  know what it will do to all textures,  so if you do get a new client,  you can feel comfortable knowing that you got products for that clients as well.   A few years back,  I had a client that walked in for hair services,  and I was taken back because I didn't feel like I had products that were right for her hair texture.   I consulted with the client for what she wanted,  evaluated her hair and texture,  then book her for an appointment for another time so I could get what I needed for her.   She became a regular client,  and that taught me how important product knowledge is for all hair texture.   You just need to know that the products,  or brands that you use can benefit all textures you will be servicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment